Qilalugaq Exploration: Diamonds
Located in the Melville Peninsula, Nunavut, 9 kilometres north of Repulse Bay
Client: BHP Billiton Exploration
Project Scope Performed Under: Nuna M&T Services Ltd., a partnership with M&T Enterprises Ltd.
Nuna M&T Services Ltd. provided construction, site services, and drill support, including the following.
- Erection of a 50-person camp
- Mobilization of construction equipment
- Provision of a custom-designed skid-mounted vacuum unit for collection of sludge from the large-diameter drilling operation
- Site services, including maintenance of a 5,000-foot ice airstrip and aircraft freight handling
- Transportation of kimberlite bulk samples from the drill sites to the airstrip using a Bombardier SW48HY tractor
- Construction of a 5,000-foot ice airstrip capable of handling Hercules aircraft