Nisha Exploration and Gahcho Kué Exploration
Located in the Slave Geological Region of Nunavut and the Northwest Territories
Client: De Beers Canada Inc.
Project Scope Performed Under: Denesoline/Nuna Joint Venture, a partnership with Denesoline Corporation Ltd. (Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation)
De Beers Canada operates a number of exploration projects in the Slave Geological Region around and south of the Lupin Mine. Denesoline/Nuna Joint Venture provided ice airstrip and ice road building expertise to pioneer a Nodwell route into the Nisha site and prepare a temporary airstrip for equipment transportation, as well as fuel delivery and re-supply. Our services also provided the coordination of fuel purchase and transportation from Yellowknife and the airlift to Lupin.
Denesoline/Nuna Joint Venture also provided De Beers Exploration with route selection services, the construction of a 125-kilometre winter road off the Tibbitt to Contwoyto Winter Road route into the Gahcho Kué area, mobilization of construction and drilling and blasting equipment, transportation of bulk sample to Yellowknife, and transportation of fuel to the site.
- Pioneering and construction of winter access route to support transportation of fuel from Yellowknife to site
- Preparation of temporary ice airstrip for delivery of fuel and re-supply
- Coordination fuel purchase and transportation from Yellowknife
- Lupin airlift coordination
- Route selection and construction of a 125-kilometre winter road to Gahcho Kué, including the mobilization of construction and drilling and blasting equipment, transportation of bulk sample to Yellowknife, fuel transportation to site, dam construction, and provisioning fully staffed camp facilities