Lupin Mine & Ulu Exploration: Gold
The Lupin Mine is located in the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut, approximately 400 kilometres north of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. The Ulu advanced exploration site is located 160 kilometres north of the Lupin Mine property.
Year: 1993–2006 (Various Times)
Client: Kinross Gold Corporation, formerly Echo Bay Mines Ltd.
Project Scope Performed Under: Nuna Contracting Ltd.
Nuna Contracting Ltd. provided the following services.
- First-phase tailings reclamation (crushing and transportation of esker materials and backfill at the tailings site)
- Refurbishment of existing dams and new dam construction
- Mobilization of the camp, shop, and support services for the Ulu project
- Construction of support roads and airstrip at the Ulu project
- Transportation of 27,000 tonnes of cement in bulk bags from Hay River, Northwest Territories, to Lupin to supply the paste backfill plant