We always strive for excellence in all of our operations and have received the following awards for our work.
Project of the Year Award
The Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC) was awarded the Project of the Year award by the Project Management Institute (North Saskatchewan) for its work on the Lorado Uranium Mill Remediation project. The SRC recognized the PBN Nuna/Milestone Joint Venture as an important part of the project’s success.
Recognition for Excellence
We received the BHP Billiton Recognition of Environmental Excellence during the operation of the Misery Camp, EKATI Diamond Mine. We are proud recipients of the following.
- Letter of Recognition for 10 years of services to the EKATI Diamond Mine (BHP Billiton)
- Award for Excellence in Resource Development and Merit in Technology Innovation for the BHP Billiton Ekati Diamond Mine™ project’s frozen core dam (Consulting Engineers of Alberta)
- Award of Merit for the BHP Billiton Ekati Diamond Mine™ project’s frozen core dam (Northwest Territories Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists)
- Recognition for completing construction of the A154 Dike tie-in one month ahead of schedule (Nishi-Khon SNC Lavalin Milestone Completion)
- 2008 Professional Award of Merit for Engineering of the Tibbitt to Contwoyto Winter Road, which utilized innovative engineering techniques and technology (Northwest Territories Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists)
Partner of Choice
Nuna has earned a reputation as a partner of choice with proven operational excellence and dependable project delivery. We are proud recipients of the following awards.
- 2017: Top Corporation of the Year Award (Nishnawbe Aski Development Fund)
- 2016: Top Aboriginal Business Award, Northwest Territories (Yukon First Nations Chamber of Commerce)
- 2012: Skookum Jim Award for Aboriginal Achievement in the Mining Industry (Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada)
- Baffinland Iron Mines, Mary River Project: 1 year
- De Beers Canada, Snap Lake Project: 250,000 hours
- De Beers Canada, Gahcho Kué Project: 1,000,000 hours
- Diavik Diamond Mine, A21 Project: 1 year
- Diavik Diamond Mine, Various Earthworks Projects: 1,000,000 hours
- Diavik Diamond Mine, Dike A154 Tie-In: No LTA instances and 1 month ahead of schedule
- Government of Canada, Giant Mine Remediation: 5 years
- Newmont Mining, Hope Bay Project: 1,600,000 hours