Our beginning started with a partnership
Federally registered in 1993, Nuna Logistics Limited is a 51% Inuit owned company; and is the largest Aboriginal owned civil contractor in Canada. Our ownership comprises: 51% Kitikmeot Corporation and 49% Nuna Management Group. Nuna qualifies as a “northern company” under Inuit Impact and Benefits Agreements.
Our success continues with partnerships
- Deton'Cho / Nuna Joint Venture - working together at the Giant Mine Care & Maintenance Project
- Nuna Deton'Cho Winter Road Services Joint Venture - working together at the Tibbitt to Contwoyto Winter Road Project
- HRN Contracting Ltd., a limited corporation comprising Nuna Logistics Limited, Hodgson’s Contracting Inc. and Red Dog Mtn. Contracting Ltd.
- Met / Nuna Joint Venture - working together at the Snap Lake & Gahcho Kue Projects
- Westarc Drilling and Blasting Services Ltd.
- Kivalliq Services Ltd. - a Consortium of: Nuna Kivalliq Earthworks Inc.; Peter's Expediting Ltd.; Northern Networks Ltd.
- MTKSL Contracting Joint Venture - a Consortium of Kivalliq Services Ltd. and M & T Enterprises Ltd.
- Nuna East Ltd. - working together in the region of North Baffin Island
- Nuna Pang Contracting Ltd. - working together in the region of South Baffin Island
- Nuna West Mining Ltd. - working together at the Hope Bay Project
- EDC Nuna Contracting Joint Venture, comprising Esdilagh Development Corporation and Nuna Logistics Limited
- Sunwolf Earthworks Inc. - working together in Northern British Columbia
- Fond du Lac Nuna Joint Venture, working together at the Gunnar Mine Reclamation Project
- Amik Nuna Forestry Services Joint Venture - working together on the Constance Lake First Nation Traditional Land
- Aroland Nuna Joint Venture - working together on the Aroland First Nation Traditional Land
- Attawapiskat / Nuna Joint VentureYukon
- Mahiihkanuk Nuna Joint Venture - working together on the Constance Lake First Nation Traditional Land
- Mahiihkanuk Nuna / Tribury Joint Venture - working together on the Constance Lake First Nation Traditional Land
- Klondike Earthworks and Mining Services Ltd.
- GNC Nuna Joint Venture - working together in Greenland
All Inuit enrolled under the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement are shareholders of Nunasi Corporation, a Nunavut-wide Inuit economic development corporation charged with the responsibility of undertaking business operation that profit shareholders socially as well as economically.
For more information, see the Nunasi Corporation web site.
Kitikmeot Corporation is accountable to the Kitikmeot Inuit Association, and is responsible for the investigation of business opportunities that benefit the Inuit of their respective regions, through job creation, training and skills transfer, and/or increased business growth for Inuit entrepreneurs. The company may also joint venture with Inuit or non-Inuit partners and invest in real estate.
For more information, see the Kitikmeot Corporation web site
NUNA GROUP OF COMPANIES
INUIT, FIRST NATIONS & MÉTIS EMPLOYMENT
During the period Oct 1, 2015-Sep 30, 2016, Nuna achieved across all of our projects an average of 40.51% Inuit, First Nations & Métis employment.